4.12.2008

Believe you are a bride every day of your life...


Well, once again a family dinner has left me with years worth of material.

It was suggested to me tonight, on more than one occasion, that I may want to dress alittle bit more femininely because I looked so beautiful and womanly on my wedding day. In my mind, I immediately teleported back to the night of the winter ball when one of my friend's mothers saw me in a dress and gasped, "Oh my God, you are a girl!". that is something I have obviously not let go over. Back to the present day... apparently this feminine side is something I still struggle with! I watched my sister hold back tears of laughter as my father continued to suggest ways in which I could work on this task, including enlisting the help of the "wardrobe people" on the "set". Thanks father. I came home to a hysterically funny and sarcastic voicemail from my sister voicing her concerns with my style as well. Thank goodness for humor.

There was no question what my next blog topic would be.

Even though my father offered his suggestion of enlisting the help of the wardrobe people on the sets of movies... I decided I might need to look for another option. I figured there could be no other place than the world wide web to help me with my fashion endeavor. Lucky me, I seemed to stumble upon a website written specifically for me and my situation, seeing as my wedding day was one of the only days I have appeared feminine...

"While her husband was alive, she dressed beautifully for him every day. She believed you were a bride every day of your life, even if you were not married, so she dressed as though she was a very special person with a special purpose in life."
  • I love Tim very much and that is why I wear my favorite sweatpants and sweatshirts every night. Last night I said to him, "You are the luckiest guy. I have on my baggiest fleece pants and my hottest hooded sweatshirt. If I could have had a wedding dress made of fleece, I would've worn one... To go with the Nike Shox I had on my feet...
"To those of you who are having a struggle changing over to more feminine dressing, just pretend you are a bride every day, whether you are married or not, or at least on your honeymoon, visiting a very special place...In winter, instead of wearing a hooded sweatshirt, wear a Spencer jacket or long-sleeved dresses . This is more streamlined and allows more freedom in your household motions."
  • Ok, so does my "fancy sweatshirt" then count as feminine because it is not hooded and can be disguised as a regular shirt, though lined in fleece. A long sleeved dress for household motion, there is so much ridiculousness in this one blurb that I don't even know where to start. It makes me want to wear fleece even more... Although I can picture Gerard nodding in agreement with a lot of this...

"Do a little each day to increase your femininity. Find good teachers and mentors who will coach you in your quest to dress femininely. Look at catalogs, and circle the things you think are the most feminine. Write letters to those you feel could give you some help. The first step in real change is to have a strong desire. The next step is to change that desire into reality. Part of the Biblical way of life is to look for ways to do better. We do not have to continue to follow failure patterns. We have the opportunity to restore society to modesty and femininity, just by doing it ourselves. One person can influence many. "
  • This paragraph has changed my life. I now see the errors of my ways. I never correlated my wearing of fleece with the problems in our society. Tomorrow I will do one thing for my femininity... Maybe I won't wear my sneakers out in public. Or maybe I will wear my long sleeved dress.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you've found the error in your way. The Dockside will be a classier place minus your sweats and fleece.

Anonymous said...

i love your fleece and sweatshirts

Anonymous said...

Are cardigans and turtlenecks feminine? :-)