3.18.2008

simey and mommy pills



I've been on one of my lyrics kick lately, which is really nothing new. Have I mentioned before that I love "A Fine Frenzy". Every song. Their lyrics are nothing exceptional, but it is the way it all comes together. It gets me everytime. If you don't have any of their songs, get some. trust me. "Whisper" is my Fine Frenzy song of the week. I could listen to lyrics all day long. I get lost in them. If only I could live my life through lyrics. Instead of talking to people, I would just hand them a print out. Everything would be so much easier.

Favorite lyrical singers of the week: Angie Mattson, Mat Kearney, James Blunt, Yael Naim, Heather Nova, Snow Patrol

Last week I had Simey at the vet, yet again. His incision site is looking quite dreadful. It is covered in reddish-purple bruises. So, we went back in. The poor little guy was trembling so hard he could barely walk, which is pretty much how he is at every trip to the vet! We left an hour or so later with another large bill and a prescription for prozac... Yes, prozac for the dog. Lovely. For some reason this seems like the ultimate determining factor that something in my life is not exactly right... my dog is on prozac. As if I don't already give my pharmacist enough money out of my wallet every month for myself, I can now add Simon's bill to it all. I wonder if Tim is feeling left out of the monthly pharmacy trip> I believe this is where I need to talk to Sheila and Gerard in regards to the upcoming insurance change in our contract... which plan has the cheapest prescriptions!> I hope the pills help... he needs something desperately. Then again, don't we all. A few weeks ago I read a blurb in the police blotter in the Free Press about a mother and son heroin arrest...That will be Simey and I running some cohort prescription pill operation.

I've been thinking a lot and realizing that unfortunately, I have not been in denial... but that the truth is... yes, I really in this bad of shape. I lifted some weights for about 10 minutes yesterday. I think the were 5 lbs each. haha. I'm sore. My legs hurt from the 30 squats I did. I am not sure exactly when I crossed the line from "a bit rusty" to blatantly, pathetically unfit. Tim and I have been really buckling down to book our honeymoon for April. I'm wondering how on Earth I am supposed to sport anything made of lycra in this state. Mind you, I've worn a bathing suit twice in the past... I don't know how many years... 7 maybe (when did I have to take it at URI... I think my senior year... Only suffered a few weeks before I was pardoned from the course... which was a few weeks longer than Marla who impulsively decided to test out of it! I will never forgive you for that!!! Thank God for Sue and wheels getting me out of that mess!) The two times since then were just this fall. Once with my mother at a wedding in the Catskills and the other at the spa tim and I went to after the wedding. For some reason, I bought a bikini. Oh, I remember why. Gerard convinced me women look thinner in bikinis than in one piece suits. Sweet. I'm sooo glad I listened to him and then had one of my impulsive- mind clouded moments where I convinced myself I could get myself into shape by the time it came to wear it. Right. Lovely. Maybe I could push this trip back a little more...

Some selected lines from my songs of the week...

"The sound tires on my lips
To fade away into forgetting"

"Saw the world turning in my sheets and once again I cannot sleep.Walk out the door and up the street; look at the stars beneath my feet.Remember rights that I did wrong, so here I go.Hello, hello. There is no place I cannot go.My mind is muddy but my heart is heavy. Does it show?I lose the track that loses me, so here I go.And so I sent some men to fight, and one came back at dead of night...
I'm not calling for a second chance,I'm screaming at the top of my voice.Give me reason but don't give me choice.'Cause I'll just make the same mistake again."

"Far far, there's this little girl
she was praying for something to happen to her
everyday she writes words and more words
just to speak out the thoughts that keep floating inside
and she's strong when the dreams come cos' they
take her, cover her, they are all over
the reality looks far now, but don't go"

No comments: