3.11.2008

In the words of Sir Mix- Alot

It's been awhile since I last rambled. I figured I could come back and bore you all a little bit more.

We are quickly approaching the favorite Doherty family holiday. Sure Christmas is great and it is hard to argue with the quality food Thanksgiving brings... But, the true magic happens on St. Patrick's Day for it is the one day of the year that it is acceptable to adorn your head with a delicate leaf of greenery. Yes, the greenery I am referring to is, cabbage. In order to be an official part of our family you must partake in this unique, and sacred, tradition. Over the years, we have seen many significant others awkwardly place a leaf of cabbage on their head and force a smile for a family picture. The first time is the hardest and then it becomes second nature. Though, Tim still seems to struggle but I blame that on the cabbage. He always gets a small leaf which doesn't fit... must be all those brains in there! This will be Tim's first cabbage wearing as an official Doherty family member.

Picture 1: My cousin and I in the early years with cabbage... Mine unsuccessfully remaining on my head.
Picture 2: My grandmother sporting cabbage last year. She is too cute.




"Lauren, you have to get back to the gym...and I'm not just saying that because your ass is getting huge..." Me: "I know, it's awful" Him: "No, No. I'm just kidding..." (This comment was made after a pickleball game in which I was sweating profusely and feeling quite old and out of shape.) It's fun to work with a guy who still has the maturity and sense of humor of a middle schooler. After this "mocking" we continued to talk about the size of my ass. "You don't strike me as the type of girl that worries about gaining weight, like freaking out because you think you're getting bigger..." This made me chuckle, alright, not chuckle... outright laugh. I'm not sure how he came about this assumption but, I found it extremely amusing. I told him I was glad that I didn't seem to be someone that complained about their weight and body image because, frankly, it gets old. Unfortunately, as I pointed out to him the outward persona may not truly reflect the thoughts and feelings going on inside. I'd love to say he was right about me... Maybe someday he will be...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you're still not heavily sedated from the pickle ball loss.

I can't believe the Danz said that about your ass.